11 Dec 2012

Disable/ Enable Recent Documents History


Recent Documents.. A big problem for me as I don’t want anyone to know which files I have seen at my work or home (Including some naughty pics). I don’t know what the purpose of this option is, but I’m sure it is a big threat to my privacy.

However I have found a solution to this problem by Disabling Recent Documents History in XP. Here how it works.

1.   Open the Registry Editor (select Start/Run, type regedit and click OK).

2.   Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer..

3.    Create a new DWORD value of NoRecentDocsHistory

4.   Set the Data Value to ‘1’ to enable the restriction

5.   Click OK and close the Registry Editor and restart the pc once to take effect.

Now see the magic. Recent Document History.

Note: To Enable the Recent Document History you have to set the data value to ‘0’ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Feed Back